Japan

I'm writing this from Tokyo - my return flight is thanks to the 2010 Japan Foundation New Artist Award, which I won with my Facetnate exhibition Grove. I've just begun a three week journey around Japan to see art and be inspired. As well as Tokyo, I plan to visit Kyoto, Kyo-San, Naoshima, Hiroshima, Mt Aso and Yokohama Triennale... zooming around the country on the super speedy shinkansen bullet trains, with a JR (Japan Rail) pass thanks to the ArtStart grant program. 

A map of Japan


Applications for Facetnate 2012 close on 30 September - all artists and curators who can see an element of Japanese influence on their practice should consider applying. I highly recommend this chance to work with the Japan Foundation, for me it was a great experience and an valuable learning curve in my professional practice.